Thursday, September 10, 2009

School Play and Harry Potter Project

A while ago I mentioned that my school is putting on a play. Note: My school is only a sophomore school, so only sophomore 's will be involved in it. So I tried out and then made the callbacks. Tuesday we auditioned again for callbacks. Yesterday they posted the cast, and I saw my name was not on the sheet. I saw it coming, there were wonderful actresses/actors that tried out. I felt pretty upset but i still wanted to be apart of the play, so I picked up a green piece of paper to be part of the backstage crew. There was a meeting and an "Interview". 6/17 people showed up for the interview that wanted to be a part of the backstage crew. 10/17 people wanted to be the student director-including me:). I put down student director AND publicity manager down on the sheet. Long story short, the drama club manager saw me as a director, so I am now 1 of the 2 Student Directors! It seems really fun, and i guess it turned out for the best that I didn't get a part in the cast.
I mentioned a while ago that i had to read 5000 pages by friday, well now my teacher said that I could do my project on Harry Potter! I don't think she knows that I did my summer reading project on Harry Potter, because had a schedule change so thats good. Now I just have to re-read the Harry Potter series by NEXT friday which is something I can handle. But I still have to read 5000 pag
es, only its due at the end of the quarter, which gives me more time, MUCH more time.
In other news I got a 105% on my math test and a 110% on my American Studies test. Times like this make me feel like a nerd, but then I remember that I am one:) The sad part of that story is that I didn't even study for either of the tests. such a bad habit that i must break. Example, after i finnish this blog, I'm going to make flash cards for ANOTHER world studies quiz. I have a feeling i'll be doing a lot of studding in American studies...


Question of the Day: What's your favorite Harry Potter Book?

2 comments:

  1. aw, sorry you didn't make it but congrats, GOOD JOB on getting student director!!!! that's going to be so fun, as good as being in the show :) also, a sophomore school? what does that mean? lol wait does that mean that you only have 10th graders in your school? lol jw
    and good job on those 100%+ tests lol xD
    i LOVE your question of the day thing!! i hope you do them on every post :) my fave is DH, definitely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool you get to do a harry potter project!!

    and in answer to your question, my favorite is hands down DH!!

    ReplyDelete